Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Aunt Karen wins a Grammy.


These pics are weird and fuzzy but this is my aunt Karen. We've been really close pals forever, her kids are my favorite and she taught me what it means to love yourself and to chase your dreams. She lives in  AZ which happens to be one of my favorite places on earth and I blame her for my nail biting habit (because I can't take responsibility for my own actions...) She's hilarious and optimistic and I really like that she's buddies with my dad. My favorite childhood memories are Walker and I flying as unaccompanied minors to visit her and her kids. We'd eat sugar cereal and go to water parks and eat out and watch movies. I love that she loves me because I'm me. Not because she has to love her sister's daughter or because of my clothes or hair. Just me. I like that she's so comfortable in her own skin. I have always looked up to her and always will.

Anyway. She's a member of the Kansas City Chorale and they won a Grammy on Sunday. She was there, looking super hot. I mean seriously. She is incredibly talented. And I love her.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet is this post?? It makes me tingle just to think my lil' Evie and her Aunt KiKi will grow up and be close like you and your aunt. Love it!

    And congrats to her--lifetime accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

dear grace,